MOUNTAIN BIKING / BIKE PARK
This activity is accessible from 14 years and 1m50. More than 380 km of marked trails and 23 ski lifts open in summer. State-certified instructors offer themed outings, from initiation to improvement, every day on Châtel and the Portes du Soleil. If you stayed at the chalets "chez l'Tonton" "La Chanterelle" or "Les Louveteaux" you would have the possibility to store your bikes in a closed room. Possibility of renting mountain bikes in store 200 meters from these chalets. Discover grandiose landscapes with the Mountain Bike area of the Portes du Soleil with a mountain hike between 1000 and 2450m altitude. 3 circuits are proposed, of 30, 45 and 75 km. Electric mountain bikes are bicycles equipped with 26-inch wheels (adult wheels). In Châtel you have 6 courses:
- Boucle de la Mouille : easy level, duration: 1h, distance: 8 km, difference in height 639 m.
- Col du Saix : easy level, duration: 1h30, distance: 10 km, difference in height 623 m.
- Châtel/Morgins : intermediate level, duration: 1h30, distance: 17 km, difference in height 535 m.
- Tour du Morclan : difficult level, duration: 2h, distance: 17 km, difference in height 683 m.
- Tour du Mont de Grange : difficult level, duration: 3h, distance: 37 km, difference in height 1 145 m.
- Boucle Vonnes/Col de Bassachaux/ Sur Bayard : very difficult level, duration: 2h30, distance: 28 km, difference in height 1 000 m.
The Châtel Bike Park is a space dedicated to mountain bike enthusiasts, located in the Pré-la-Joux sector and accessible by the Pierre-Longue and/or Rochassons chairlifts. It offers around 20 descending routes of all levels of difficulty, as well as several entertaining areas. There is a kid's shore, two slopestyles and a pump track.
For further information, please visit: www.chatel.com/vtt-cyclo.html or www.chatel.com/circuits-vtt-electrique.html
Fill up on memories with the magical landscape of Châtel because here in Haute-Savoie, nature has been generous. Discover a world of waterfalls, lakes, valleys and mountain pastures, with woody scents or fresh grass. 90 km of marked trails.
Accompanied outings (group) supervised by qualified guides. Each week a whole range of outings is organized with the guides in half-day, day or over several days with nights and meals in refuge or alpine chalet and trekking. The territory of Chablais is an exceptional territory. It stretches from the southern shores of Lake Geneva to the tops of the Portes du Soleil. You will discover a territory of life where the history of the earth has strongly impregnated the history of man.
For further information, please visit: www.chatel.com/balade-en-montagne.html
WELLBEING & FITNESS
Yoga, Fitness, Pilates, Zumba, Aquagym & aquafitness, Spa. You are invited to a sensory immersion. Because modern life is a source of stress, forget the turbulence and maximize the benefits of a stay at altitude. The relaxation areas dedicated to well-being are several: jacuzzis, spas, saunas, hammams, massages and body treatments.
For further information, please visit: www.chatel.com/bien-etre-remise-en-forme.html
Discover the Abondance Valley in the company of state-certified instructors! Open to all for young and old. No physical condition or experience is necessary.
Several formulas are available:
The discovery flight:
- Duration: 10-12 minutes *
- Take-off at 1600 meters altitude
- Full rotation: about 1 hour (lift pass not included). The discovery flight is the ideal formula to discover the mountains seen from the sky. In calm and safe conditions, your state-certified pilot will accompany you in tandem for a 10 to 12-minute flight* over the Abondance Valley.
The big flight:
- Duration: 20-40 minutes *
- Take-off at 2000 meters altitude
- Full rotation: about 1 hour (lift pass not included)
- With a slightly longer flight time, the large bowl offers you a nice ride over the Valley of Abundance.
- You will be able to contemplate the massifs of Cornettes de Bise, Mont de Grange, Mont Blanc and Swiss Alps. With a little luck, you can even observe the local wildlife!
The flight is aimed at people who have already made a first tandem flight and is practiced in the late afternoon.
- Duration: approximately 45 minutes *
- Take-off at 2000 meters altitude
- Full rotation: about 1 hour 30 minutes (lift pass not included) The thermal flight offers you a superb air cruise thanks to the exploitation of updrafts. Sensations and pleasure of the eyes guaranteed!
* as an indication, depending on the weather conditions of the day.
For further information, please visit: www.chatel.com/activites-sportives/vols-en-parapente-biplace.html
Discover the river for two. Pleasant descent allowing the sharing of sensations. From 14 years old.
The canoe baroud is a two-seater, inflatable, unsinkable boat from Indian canoes.
- Accessible to all audiences
- Does not require any special skills apart from knowing how to swim.
- The resort of Châtel is doubling down on its inventiveness and the range of offers is constantly expanding. During your holidays in Châtel with family or friends, discover a multitude of activities for young and old, for all tastes and all budgets:
For further information, please visit: www.chatel.com/le-canoe-pour-decouvrir-la-riviere-a-deux.html
MOUNTAIN BIKING, BUT NOT ONLY!
The resort of Châtel is doubling down on its inventiveness and the range of offers is constantly expanding. During your holidays in Châtel with family or friends, discover a multitude of activities for young and old, for all tastes and all budgets:
- Escape game
- Pétanque strip
- Sewing studio
- And much more!
For further information, please visit: chatel.com/ete
Location / achat VTT
Free shuttle service
MAP OF MOUNTAIN BIKE TOURSee the whole area
Access to Chatel
The strong points of Châtel
Latest news and promotions
from June 23 to June 25
Multi Pass for multiple activities
The Multi Pass is a card that allows you to enjoy 60 activities free of charge and without limit during your stay in Châtel! It also entitles you to many discounts on other activities.
The Multi Pass day / stay is valid from June 10 to September 10, 2023 and the Multi Pass season from May 27 to November 5, 2023, depending on the opening dates, times, availability and conditions of the participating service providers.
With the Multi Pass you have free access to all the Portes du Soleil ski lifts as pedestrians but also to swimming pools and equipped lakes, tennis courts, small tourist trains, mini-golf, cultural sites...
Activities with unlimited access are indicated by the blue "Multi Pass activity" logo, those offering you a reduction are marked with the pink "Multi Pass reduction" logo.